Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My friend

My friend is still in the ICU due to a bleed in his lungs from before christmas. The hospital tried to go in and stop the bleed but the vessel ended up being 3x the size it normally is soo they ran out of stuff to pack the bleed so then lung damage occured and hes now down to about 15% ...though im not sure how they know that because he hasnt exactly been concsious for that long and I highly doubt in the matter of minutes/hour his been a wake they've made him do a pft test. Anyways his kidneys, heart and lungs started shutting down before christmas. His kidneys then bounced back and started working, they put him on a vent for his lungs and a ECMO i think it is called for his heart. The problem now is that there trying to get him off the ECMO but everytime they try he needs CPR as his own heart gives out. Im praying for him, though I myself am not that much of a reglious person. I was spritual but honestly im starting to doubt that too, and this is coming from the girl who has seen doors shut, cabniets open, lights turn on in my house by themselves..im now wondering if there is another explanation. Its weird tosay that...i mean literally nothing has happened to me since I got back from the hospital...weird.

But the point of this blog isnt to debate if my house is indeed haunted or not..NO its to rant about the morons on my friends facebook. This poor cf friend that ive been talking about above , has been pretty damn healthy..been going to the gym..isnt on o2....all that...he wasnt listed for transplant...since all of this has happened he now is. What makes me angry in all of this ..are all the retards on his page...he was listed for under 8 hours and they all started saying "Oooo soo hes getting lungs tomorrow?"...what:??no...i want to freak at else people but some of them are so stupid i dont even no where to start. Does no one have common sense? U cant stock pile lungs, someone has to die and I highly doubt someone listed for 8 hours is gonna get lungs that fast....it could happen..but there is alot of doubt there. Its just im dealing with the same questions..I had friends come home for the holidays and some of them turned and said " you dont have lungs yet?"...ummm no..., and then have to go into the whole how you get lungs process again. Because again, they think its easy...take lungs out, put new lungs in , woo hoo...walk around...BAM better. They have no idea how hard it actually is. They also think our healthcare system is amazing...yes the people who work hard are amazing...the system its self ..sSUCKS. Its slow, theres never enough beds....theres a million problems. People keep saying "any day now allison"...its easy for them to say there not the one waking up with headaches everyday..and having issues walking upstairs to eat breakfast.
Thats the other problem ..friends think i can go out and hangout..my energy is zero..it would be amazing if they came here soo i didnt have to leave ...drive or walk anywhere... Guess im in sort of a grumpy mood im just sick of answering the same question oer and over

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, always getting people asking so where are you on the list? like they number everyone and its like please take a number " calling number 21..next..." lol I am so tired educating people on the whole process. I have a few friends like that too :( they just dont understand I cant just sprint up and take off and run out the door. One friend actually said dont sit around go outside and do something...in the freezing cold weather. I wish there was a way that they could experince what we deal and feel like with SOB.
    Im so sorry to hear about your friend. I am not a religous person either, he is in my thoughts and hope he pulls out and they can get the bleeding under control.

    ReplyDelete